Sunday, September 20, 2009

AIDS Walk & Run for Life - A Gold Medal Day

AIDS Walk for Life


AIDS Run For Life

It was sunny and 16 degrees.

The AIDS Walk For Life and Run at Confederation Centre.
The figure 8 course on Parkdale, Old Charlottetown, Victoria Park and Confederation Trail.

Brad Wonnacott who has autistic son mostly behind me entire run. At Holland College Brad pass me and at Victoria Park I pass him. Within 2 blocks from Province House I sprinting to finish and I won the race by mere seconds.

I finished in 43:30 and came in 1st out of 9 runners.

The first place prize a medal, two tickets to Disco Cirque friday night, gift certificetes for Subway, Papa Joe's, Road ID and Cora's.

The AIDS Walk For Life raised over $12,000, Danya O'Malley was the individual that raised the most money and KOA Campground are the team that raise the most money.
More Photos

Official Result: 1st out of 9 runners
10K in 43 minutes, 30 seconds

AIDS Walk for Life 2007

PEI Walk For Life Website

AIDS PEI Website



Running For Autism
Not Against It
acceptance, inclusion, awareness

1 comment:

Adair said...

Nice job in your last 2 races Alex!! Congrats on your PR and your 1st place