Monday, March 10, 2008

Grant wins bronze at World Cup pentathlon

Grant wins bronze at World Cup pentathlon

Kara Grant of Prince Edward Island will be bringing home her first bronze medal in World Cup pentathlon after a weekend event in Mexico.

Grant finished behind gold medal winner Marta Dziadura of Poland and Margauz Isaksen of the U.S.

Grant was in fifth place before the final event, the 3,000-metre run, but pulled within third 800 metres into the race.

"Then it got a little tough, as there was a gap to first and second, but a fast girl [was] 20 seconds behind me, so I had to run hard from the beginning with no one to chase or to run with," Grant wrote in an e-mail.

"I managed to keep the gap large until the last 500 m when I started to fade. Fortunately I had a nice lead."

Grant won the shooting event with personal best score of 187.


Kara Grant's Website http://www.karagrant.net/



No comments: