Monday, August 18, 2008

Francis Fagan runs 'killer course' three times - in one day


Francis Fagan runs 'killer course' three times - in one day
35th annual Community Harvest Festival 25K Road Race

KENSINGTON
JASON SIMMONDS


Most people are thrilled to complete the Community Harvest Festival 25K Road Race's "killer course" once a year.

Francis Fagan, who was named the most dedicated runner of the 35th annual event Saturday, ran it three times in one day for a total of 75 kilometres.

"I got up to Stanchel about 3:30 this morning (Saturday) and ran from Stanchel to Kensington, back to Stanchel and then I did the race," explained Fagan, of Charlottetown, who finished 40th overall in a respectable two hours 11 minutes 16 seconds (2:11:16).

Fagan said he's "not really sure" why he did it.

"I feel like running along in long runs and there is a 50-mile run in November that I've been thinking about, but it's a long way off," said Fagan, who admitted he was getting tired the last four or five miles of the race.

Overall, Fagan said he was pleased with his time - considering it was his third trip over the course in less than eight hours.

"I thought 2 1/2 hours would be good and I came in 2:12, so I'm happy," he said.

No comments: