Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Walk - I Run for the IWK

It was sunny and 5 degrees.

I Walk - I Run 2.5km and 5km Walk and Run for the IWK at the grand opening of the new Running Room.

There were around 400 people.

I met John Stanton the founder of Running Room.

Dianne and Elaine are working at the Running Room.

The out and back course on Fitzroy Street, Terry Fox Drive, Victoria Park and Brighton.

Gary Simmons came first, I came 4th. Everyone got a medal, cake and pizza.

Unofficial Result: 4th out of a whole bunch
5K(~4.57K) in 17 minutes 34 seconds

"Registrations are still being collected and processed but at last 374 people participated in the “I Run – I Walk for IWK” to benefit the IWK Health Centre Foundation at the new Charlottetown Running Room Wednesday night. The IWK was gunning to beat the opening night record of 401 participants set by Toronto and claim victory as the “running capital of Canada” Registrations were still being collected. Regardless of the outcome, it was an amazing turnout and show of support for the IWK and for the strength of running and walking on the Island.

About $5, 000 was raised at the event. "



Running For Autism
Not Against It
acceptance, inclusion, awareness

No comments: