Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Day Befor Marathon Day - Friends, Fun, Food, and more volunteer work


Today was about.....

more registration.....


























Meeting new folks, like
Myra, and her guide Peter and his wife Jill.


They are here as part of Myra's Marathon.
"I grew up with vision loss, and as a result I have come to know CNIB quite intimately. From the time I became a client at the age of four to my present involvement as a volunteer, I can attest to CNIB's commitment to individuals affected by vision loss. CNIB has made a profound difference in my life and in the lives of so many others.

To celebrate my upcoming 65th birthday, I want to give back to the organization that has meant so much to me. Since I am an enthusiastic long-distance power walker, a marathon-related project to raise funds for the CNIB Library seemed a natural fit!"
Having completed the Newfoundland Provincial Marathon & the Marathon By The Sea in Saint John, New Brunswick, Myra is on PEI to complete the 3rd of her scheduled 13 Canadian Marathons. Her complete schedule is HERE.


Seeing old friends and wishing them well......



















Best Luck to everyone in Stan's running groups (including Stanley!) and all the PEI Roadrunners!


Having some foolish fun with special friends

like Dianne Pye
as we try out the Pace Bunny's ears

And of course, carbing up at the Pasta Party

with Newfie buddies Barry Ploughman & Mike Kavanagh (hidden behind Barry),
fellow volunteers & runners in Stan's group John & Loretta Van Ekris, and Ewen Stewart & Frank Sobey

The training is done
The forecast looks good
The Half-Marathon starts at 10am
You can see the finish line (from a distance) on the Island Web Cam
You can check HERE Sunday for Live Results

More photos on the
Prince Edward Island 2007 Photo Album
more photos will be added to it during and after Marathon Weekend.

1 comment:

kristina said...

Go go go! Looking forward to hearing the results!