Sunday, October 19, 2008

Alex's First Marathon in Pictures

(Click on photos to view larger version)















(Special Thanks to the Marathon Elf for leaving this message for Alex at the halfway point!)















45(Place) 328 (Bib #)  Alex Bain 7/14(Div. Place) M2029(Division)
34(Split Place) 1:38:44(Split time)
3:29:32(Gun Time) 3:29:29(Chip Time) 5:00(Pace/Km)


~*~
I'm currently uploading my 400+ photos. You can see some of them now HERE. The rest will all be there by tomorrow. If you see any of yourself or a loved one there that you'd like the original, higher resolution copy of, email me ( jypsy @ planetautism . com) and I'll email it/them to you. Since I was on my bike, I only have Alex's finish line photos from behind. If anyone has his finish line photos from front on, we'd love to see them.

Running For Autism
Not Against It
acceptance not cure

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine even running a block, much less a marathon.

jypsy, did you ride your bike the whole distance?

I look forward to hearing what Alex said to the CBC reporter.

Anne said...

Congratulations, Alex. That was a lot of hard work.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alex,

What a super performance in your first marathon. Very impressive.

Morgan

dinah said...

congratulations from me too Alex, well done indeed! my occasional bursts of running to catch a bus put me in awe of anyone who can keep on going for more than 100 yards. And hooray for that marathon elf too

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. Congrats from another autistic named Alex.

Niksmom said...

What an amazing accomplishment! I cannot imagine running that sort of distance or the dedication and determination it takes to do it.

A very hearty congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first Marathon, Alex! Great job! It looks like it was a perfect day for running and the course was also very beautiful :)

jypsy said...

Camille,
I biked the first 11Km or so, from Brackley Beach to Dalvay. Then I threw the bike on the back of the car and we followed him by car to Bedford (the halfway point where they leave the road and take to the trail) and caught him as he crossed over a couple of roads on the way to Charlottetown. I was back on my bike with him just after the 38Km mark and followed him to the finish line. His pace picked up noticeably when he passed the "1Km left to go" sign (you can see him passing a couple of half marathoners). He almost caught the guy in the kilt, Ron MacDougall, who ran a pace throughout the race almost identical to Alex's.

It was a beautiful day for it and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We are not permitted to be on the trails as support riders but it sure would have been nice to.

We have a bit of video footage and we'll grab what CBC News has tonight for future posts....