Sunday, April 24, 2016

My 2016 Boston Marathon Trip

Friday, April 15th


The 2016 Boston Marathon Trip with PEI and NB runners beginning in Salisbury, New Brunswick. We're arrived at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover I ate Japanese foods and watching Barkley Marathons movie.





Saturday, April 16th


The 2016 B.A.A. 5K at Boston Common. My mother entering the race for the first 5km with nordic walking poles. I watching the race, meeting Rick Hoyt at start. She finished the course in 50:29 along the hundred runners remain on course. 

I ordered the bib number, watching the course preview and collecting items at the marathon expo. 

The Moughans visits at the hotel and rehab center with Mike diagnosed with brain cancer. I ate mexican foods at Acapulcos.

















Sunday April 17th


The marathon course tour begin at Hopkinton. They taking pictures at the start line. 

I visits the Fenway Park for the first time and watching the Blue Jays vs Red Soxs game.






Marathon Monday, April 18th

The 120th Boston Marathon at Hopkington. It was sun and few clouds and 18 degrees. The course on Hopkinton, Ashland, Farmingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, Brookline and Boston. 

I put "ALEX" sign on the yellow shirt to cheers. I am in the Wave 1 corral 4 at the start. 

The highlights of the my 2nd Boston Marathon was a 6 mile moment at Farmingham station, passes Rick Hoyt near Wellesley, scream tunnel at Wellesley College, tackling Heartbreak Hill the last of Newton Hills and "Boston Strong" underpass at 25th mile. I finished in 3:34:25 and came in 9038th out of  26639 runners. 

The Ethiopians dominates the Boston Marathon. Stanley Chaisson was the top islander and 4th Canadian. 

I ate burger and fries at Cheers with PEI runners. 



















Tuesday April 19th


It was last day of 2016 Boston Marathon Trip with PEI and NB runners. I was shopping at Freeport and eating at Johnny Rockets. 

The 5 days trip ends in Salisbury and spend a night in Moncton. 




Thanks to all runners and followers 

to supports me at the 120th Boston Marathon!

Running For Autism 
Not Against It 
acceptance, inclusion, awareness

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Dear Alex:

Tomato eyebrows!

Meeting up with your Mum and with Hoyt.

Three hours - thirty four minutes - twenty-five seconds!