Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My 2015 Running Highlights

My 2015 Running Highlights


#5
Stanhope Section at PEI Marathon
The first 13km of the full marathon course due to construction from rte 25 and rte 6. I like it because it was pretty and cold. I completed in 3:03 and 1st in 20-29 in cold weather.


ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

#4
Terry Fox Confederation Bridge Run 


The 35th Anniversary of Terry Fox Run at Confederation Bridge. I run both side of 8 miles in breezy out and back.


ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

#3
Maritime Race Weekend


The Maritime Race Weekend in Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia. The Sunset 5km on Friday evening I finished in 18:11 and came in 7th. The Sunrise Half Marathon on Saturday morning I finished in 1:23:58, came in 3rd, 1st in 20-29 and beat my half marathon time. I collects the Maritime Race Weekend medals in a Nova Scotia weekend.


ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

#2
Leg #16 at Cabot Trail Relay



The Cabot Trail Relay in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. The Red Island Road Hogs fills with 15 male runners and a female runner in a provincial wide team. The 16th leg starts at Lakes Cafe in Margaree Valley and ends at churches in Middle River. I finished in 59:55 and came in 7th out of 70 teams. The Red Island Road Hogs finishes in 18:11:35 and came in 4th.   


ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

#1
2015 Boston Marathon






The 119th Boston Marathon trip for PEI and NB runners. I meet Dick and Rick Hoyt was the this year Grand Marshall. The rain and cool Monday morning begins at Hopkinton along the route in Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, Brookline and ends in Boston. I finished in 3:34:36 and came in 11,647th out of 26,610 runners. Stanley Chaisson was the top islander and 8th Canadian. I completes the 16 months journey to training to Boston after BQ at the 2013 PEI Marathon.


No comments: