Saturday, March 28, 2009

The New Charlottetown Bluefin 5K Fun Run/Walk

It was sunny and few clouds and 4 degrees.

After two weeks of heating, stretching and icing on Achilles I felt OK to run.

I ran on new shoes I won from Cox and Palmer last year and new bib number this year.

The 5km course at UPEI and on the trail.

I finished in 21:26 and came in 13th out of 74 runners.

I fell OK after keep on helping it get better.

Connor McGuire won the race and Rebecca Pike for the top female.

I going to Halifax to speak at a conference on World Autism Awareness Day on April 2.

I be home to run the W3 Race on Saturday. Hopefully for half marathon but the 10km if my Achilles isn't healthy.


Official Result: 13th out of 74
5K in 21 minutes, 26 seconds

More Photos

Running For Autism
Not Against It
acceptance not cure

http://www.provincialautismcentre.ca/event/read/2

3 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

The Achilles: not so good. :-(

Hope you have a great time at Halifax.

Adair Renning said...

Congratulation Alex! I have a daughter named Asia, who is also a runner. Asia has autism too. She has run every day for almost 10 years. She is running her first marathon this Sunday, in Dearborn, Michigan.

Have a good time in Halifax tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Good Job Alex!

I wish that my pacing gig for last week's Knoxville Marathon was as good as that. I had my first DNF for a marathon. I am running Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon on May 3rd and didn't want to do more damage by trying to get to the finish line. Called it a day at Mile 21.

Our local Charity that helps support Adults with Autism is having their Ribbon Run 5k on April 18th. Although I am not going to flat out race it (because of the marathon 2 weeks later). I am going to be out there and get a good tempo run while I can.

Have a great time at your conference. I'll be posting on my blog for tomorrow and I think we are going to post something over at ASD Athletes as well.

Cheers!